Friday, February 5, 2016

post drumming: hangovers, reality, and finding that groove

Friday, February 5, 2016
Gong Xi Fa Chai! A new year in the Chinese calendar, and I haven’t done much since I started the new year – no shoots, no projects, no concepts but plans, plans and more plans. I am not quite, sure but lately I have become lazy or maybe I have become choosy over what I want to work on but as one of my daughter goes – Meh! But anyway I will be writing on my updates.

What’s new and what’s happening to the Asylum?
  •          Aside from acquiring a new staff, a new direction is to go bolder, with my shoots, meaning more risqué. I like to work on pieces that show glamour, sex, and a lot of skin, that of voyeur point of view – and a lot of more storytelling now than just my typical point, direct and shoot. I want to push myself as photographer, and with this new direction, it would really flex my portfolio to push my confidence in interaction as a photographer and my model without stretching the perv-photographer.
  •          I would be working on being part of the Asia Pop Comic Con 2016 as a media partner, and I hope I get the bit.
  •         Events less, private shoots more – meaning I would no longer be going to BOA, Otaku Expo, Toycon more on NEXCON, APCC, Fantasy Quest and other selected events but focusing on clientele to do shoots that I want to take my time and work on. I would redo my Lolita, and do another City of Pines Tour this year.
  •        Different style of editing – yes with my new staff, I will be turning it over to a graphics artist in which I can trust in doing the dirty work. Fixing what I can’t do or manipulate.
  •         I would be traveling more, and shooting more on volunteering models – Yes I have chosen this route ever since I got inspired meeting people I met from Baguio, and surely there are other provinces who has cosplayers that are warm and accommodating as them.
  •         Lastly, I will be back soon on my Social Networks. Ever since my phone killed itself, I would be acquiring a new unit to interact with the people of the world again.

This may be the shortest entry I may have written, but I want to thank JC ZALA Travel and Tours, for helping me in my travel to Kalibo – of all the trips, I am thankful that I have a travel advisor helping get to my father’s homeland. Without their patience and understanding – I am grateful for their help. Based in Zamboanga, I was acquire what I need with a few hitches then and there on my part, but I want to plug them – should you need to travel around the country, they will gladly arrange it for you.


That’s it for now, I may write more food and movie reviews soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014