Saturday, July 11, 2015

life redux

Saturday, July 11, 2015
A crazy month of June has passed, and a 2nd week of July is slowly creeping its way in, and yet I have been busy like spending quality time with my mom, and shooting at Toycon, now I am working on a little fund raiser, my first Lolita con, The Asylum: Lolita, in which of the funds I will be collecting goes to my mom, in helping lessen our expenses to pay for chemotherapy or for her personal use.
Vincent Austria, Toycon PH 2015

I am not expecting much from the fund raiser, despite having 40 confirmed, majority of which I will be meeting for the first time, and some I have worked before in my shoots, and to some I have shot just only in conventions, I am just quite anxious or a bit nervous to see the attendance in reality and how I will deal with a large scale crowd, working with another photographer that I haven’t heard of. I didn’t do much of a background check, but I pray that none of my attendees will be harmed or be harassed.

I am looking forward for three events this year – the first Asia Pop Comic Con, which is to be held in Manila, which I guess the biggest event that there is, followed by my first Fantasy Quest, which is their fourth season, and lastly Dutdutan XV: the Philippine Tattoo Convention, I am still undecided in attending other events this year but then I would rather focus on my small shoots as I will be taking a hiatus from large scale ones. Someone once said I should go back to the basics – to really take time shooting my model in which I would be doing. I will be working from former models of mine to colleagues at work, in which we will be shooting in different locations that I never dared myself going myself to – such as the La Loma Cemetery, the Diplomat Hotel, Clark Air Base Hospital – known amongst the haunted places in the country, to pushing my model’s limits in a Calvin Klein inspired photo shoot to FHM style.


Yup I am evolving my photo skills a little, pushing myself to face my fears to do what I don’t usually do which is to go beyond cosplay, and fashion shoots to more risky, and dramatic shoots. I hope all goes well, and to come what may, hope for the best – I look forward to see things unfold as time goes by, and maybe just maybe I will hit my big break that I am looking for.   

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014