Sunday, August 9, 2015

of rain and more rain

Sunday, August 9, 2015
Maria Garcia, Sillykompeito
It’s already August, and the seasons has changed, so rapidly, that I could hardly keep up, it almost like felt like yesterday when I did the fundraising event for my mom, The Asylum: Lolita. I cannot help and overwhelmed on how thankful I am, and happy to the people who strongly participated in it. 

I still get that high when I look back and remember how this shoot went, despite 40 plus who confirmed on my invite, I still got a substantial number who came. 4 photographers came, and one who did not properly introduce himself, 7 cosplayers or rather I had 7 who came. We began past lunch time, I had to wait for the others if they were really coming, I got the pleasure of working with Maria Garcia, whom I got to know for dressing up as Cat Woman and Harely Quinn, and foremost became my second In-House model for the Asylum and it was an honor for me to work with Stylebible.PH and freelance Preview magazine photographer Stan Dela Cruz. In which he provided me so much learning, insights in the fashion photography industry, and what his life was like – getting to shoot for the love of it, and how also shares his distastes on some events. It was a learning experience for me and Maria, to learn from a master, or a patient teacher, on how he truly supports that Lolita is the next fashion thing or to look out for in this country. In a couple of hours I was joined by Amgine, June of PXL, Karen Kim and another photographer who is known as Stray Cat.  From Sailor moon Lolita to goth, to the sweet to the punk, it was fun and the sudden bad clouds pressured me to wrap things up quickly. The skies weren’t cooperative down the line, but I got a number of good photos taken from the pointers given by Stan, which really upgraded my skill set.

Nonetheless, I had fun having to see old friends again, and meet new ones, how my South Cosplayers supported me and joined in.
    
The House of Dolls: Rainy Season Edition
Come this August 15, I will apply of all what I have learned and apply to a fashion shoot, together in partnership with BGC MyCity.com, I would be hosting a rainy season fashion wear shoot. It something I am excited for since, this is where I feel more comfortable with in directing because I know what I want, or what looks I am going for. So far 30 have confirmed in attendance through my e-invitation, and I have to see who will really deliver on that day. I am looking forward the most is working with Maria Garcia again, and see what we photos we can come out with.


It has been busy day and week for me as I try fixing my South group, and balancing my work like to my personal life. I have been keeping myself preoccupied. I am also working on to saving money for the next three events I will be bringing myself too – and I hope I can finally bring this brand to a recognizable one, meaning to say that The Asylum shall be known and someday able to be take in more partnerships, more projects to cover and work on.

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014