Saturday, November 7, 2015

boobs, rainy, and heat: october chaos

Saturday, November 7, 2015


It has been more than a month since I wrote something, and I really do apologize as my regular schedule of work takes a hard toil on me, on health and my sense of creativity, but nonetheless I was able to pull through the aches and pains, the sickness, the depressions, my violent mood swings and here I am again writing again.

Mhaki Dizon of Amgine Cosplay & Photogrpahy, Cosmania
A series of events has happened to me throughout the month of October – Cosmania, The Asian Cosplay Meets Philippines, and the Fantasy Quest, and my schedule get swamped as it is, literally, I will leave it to you to figure out what I mean. Cosmania, yes I promised myself before that I will backing out on an event that I might regret, an event done locally, true enough Cosmania, similar to Wrestlemania, is just as chaotic as it should be – I don’t want to bash the organizers for the chaos, but this was one of the things you rather sat home and watch TV, although there are cool cosplayers with full blown armor, there were more mechas to your right and left, but what really took the cake, was the number of boobs, cleavages and chicks, and all the sudden this just like some con with more skin than ever. BOOBSMANIA!!!!! Oh yeah! No, not really, it leaves a bad taste on the mouth when you see pre-teens, teenagers trying to flaunt their assets, and they out do the trap community. And thankfully I will not show the showcase of spotlights in my page, for the respect of the female community, please you are going to a cosplay event, dress to your character without forcing the need to sell some skin.

Someone mentioned to me in the past, that there is a rise of cosplayers of trying to be eye candy to photographers, becomes the number of photo-snobs are there are climbing high, coincidentally that raised the number of perv-photographers are coming out to the community.  I like to let everyone know that when I do photos, I look for the captivating pose you can give me without seducing me to liking you, the number of poses you can do in one set by making me have a hard time catch up with you – and I do not mean in a malicious way. Maybe I am just tired of seeing the same poses over and over again.  I am willing to teach as long you are not a hardheaded learner, and you cosplayer can teach me on things that I do not know about your character, after all I didn’t major in this field if I weren’t given constructive feedback. At the end of the day, it was tiring, and still I got a kick of fun, because I stuck with my south people who kept riding on with me. Thank you, Guys and Gals.
Maria Garcia, Asia Cosplay Meets Philippines
Rain, Wet, and Drenched, thank you vitamin C, is what kept me alive through Asia Cosplay Meets Philippines, slash, meets rain. It was just a 3 week notice when my in-house mode Maria Garcia, wanted me to be a media partner to an Intramuros event. What I thought this will be just a 3 hour of mayhem, it was something longer. Coming from shift from Friday, I blasted myself going to a place that I haven’t been in a long time, I may have wandered in the Wall, early 2000s, and a lot has changed, and thanks to the wonderful app of Grab-a-taxi, I got their way early than I should be. With the aid of the mighty Cobra, I bounced and lasted the whole event for more than 12 hours, I think despite the heavy rain shower which the weather did not so cooperate at all, who pisses on anyone. Cosplayers, fellow-media partners, and the like, were pissed how this rain was. Ad mist all that Hulk Hogan arrived, yes there were some cosplayers he terrorized, but no one blesses an event like he does. The event by the wall was indeed a roller coaster of an event, trying to keep my camera dry, and holding an umbrella, and the same time keep myself perky and happy was a lot to take toil one one’s body. But then with nothing much in the stomach but an energy drink, and junk food – I had to keep going to my host, or hostess.  Helping her and giving tabs on what’s going, at least it was a learning curve for the both of us.   I so wanted to do a lot or cover for the event, bad I couldn’t place myself well in where I should be especially when the bands were performing and the all girl dance group was. Sigh! A lot of controversy happened along the way, in which I omitting details out for the sake of hoping the sponsors would give this a second chance.  It was fun meeting concessionaires, fellow photographer Bryan of arkadymack.com, and a lot more. It was fun, but until the very next day.

Gale Cairo, Fantasy Quest IV
The very next day to Asia Cosplay Meets Philippines was a pain in the body, I felt all the aches in my foot, legs and my lower back but I had to push my body forward to Fantasy Quest. An event I have been waiting for, it was a career beginning to attend to but this something I don’t recommend to the average cosplayer. Fantasy Quest is an event for the elite of the elites of cosplayers, an event is more posh than my lifestyle was, and yes I would be back.  I never had my first dance when I was in High School, I was more of a wallflower at my prom, that I left home early because I was too shy, now I had the opportunity… things happened. WHY??!!!! Flashback - On an adventure of 3 friends, 2 cosplayers and a photographer heading out to what appears the best thing that happened to our lives, come in heat, more heat, and yes humid heat.  Even having several large cooling fans it was not enough to cool everyone down. I wore my long sleeves and tie, just to look dressy and snappy, but it left me soaking in my own sweat, felt like I fell in a pool of it. And my date a cosplayer, so hot, that she is literally burning in heat under her wig. And a friend, who suffered closed to a heat stroke, with sudden rise of his blood pressure, and yes that’s what happened. We had to go home early, just to being a good friend that we are. But with all what was happened, it lived up its name, everywhere I go was visual eye candy, I had to go back to basics, and use my Ultra Wide Angles lens, just to capture everything I want to see, and it did pay off to my favor. If I had fun, not really, it seems going to the event needs your own photographer, and group – I was lost with no purpose, but to the people who I saw, and knew, I took every opportunity and produced the best. And yes, there were no regrets.

November, I have to be ready for, a themed shoot by yours only, with an uninvited guest photographer who decided to show, but it works for me, and me going on vacation.  Yes I needed the relaxation, but I needed to get well first. I am coughing and having a hard time to breathe, and I take blame to the weather for being inconsistent. Howell, hope to write another entry soon, and don’t worry this won’t be my last.

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014