Monday, August 15, 2016

come back

Monday, August 15, 2016
It’s been a while since I wrote something in my blog. I have been busy, as in really busy – I haven’t gone to conventions like I used to. The shifts and demands of a normal work life, requires me to focus, and even more so since I have been gone from work for more than a month.
It was not so long ago, I was diagnosed with a respiratory ailment known as pneumonia, I had a hard time breathing back then, I spent up wheezing and coughing like a dog while spending my vacation on the beaches of Boracay. I was with my ex back then, and when I got back home from my vacation I immediately saw a doctor. Coughing out pools of blood was not a pretty site, and having your ex, or my girlfriend that time worry. The doctor gave me two options, bed rest or hospital confinement, I chose the approach of staying home. Fast forward 4 years later, I should have chose to stay at the hospital, my pneumonia caused a big scar, a rip or a wound in my lungs. Which never much healed back then, it stayed dormant, waiting for it to rupture. Thank you for pollution and work stress and over staying at the sleeping quarters of the office plus my allergies, helped caused the wear and tear, or maybe it’s me catching my niece’s pneumonia, whichever is which both caused me to cough immensely to this date.
Angelica Loon, Okun Fiesta
Yhu Mei, Lolita Season 2

I did attend some a con during my time off, and did one shoot, at the least, all to divert me away from my work stress. Shooting with a surgical face mask, was a bother, because I had to peel it off just for me to cough up phlegm or blood. I lost much weight but my hunger would fight back. I wouldn’t know.

Today was supposed to be the day that I have my final check up, only that my doctor cancelled. There goes an unscheduled leave, unpaid go to waste.

A lot has happened in my life, working on a food business, which is debut next year, if I am still lucky to be the business partner to this. Aside from being sick, I just celebrated my folks’ 50th anniversary, hooray for them, my mom is so thrilled *sarcasm*, and there is where I inherited my humor. We had mostly steaks, and mom’s salad. Good meal. A month ago, we as a family suffered a loss as I lost my aunt in her fight against the dread ills of liver failure and poor management of the insurance in the U.S. She was an aunt that everyone loved, just like my sister before she passed on, she was the giving aunt and she was the aunt who was hip and fire to every reunion when she visits back here in the country. It was a grim July, more so but we feel that life had to move on, so my dad tries to do so. It was also the successful launch Of Baguio Edition, of The Asylum thanks to hands of Rina Riz.

As we approach the middle of August, I am preparing myself for my shoot this September, in which I pray it hopefully becomes successful and my shoot in November, in which I pray that I push through as I have a lot in plan. I can’t give much details except I am working every detail by the note, which is unusual for me to do since I like working on the fly, spontaneous was always my weapon of choice, and come what may was its bullet. Now, I want tarps, posters, ad placements, the whole works and etc. I just want people to experience an “event” like no other.

Good for me, a lot has happened.

Anyhow, this maybe one of my long entries… a good write, and it is good to be back.  I will be writing more, once I have something to work on. Until then stay tuned!

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014