Thursday, May 4, 2017

reboot

Thursday, May 4, 2017
It’s May 3rd of 2017, past 7, winds blowing to my room, a small breeze fills it, the day has ended, and the temperature still feels like 38 degrees. A once quiet room, shaken up by noises from the tracks from the iPad from the other room, and music from Fleetwood Mac, as the “The Chain”, plays on. Footsteps walking around, the closing of a creaking door, snapping to lock. Passing cars by the main road can be heard, as dogs continue to bark at it. The flood of light illuminates my room from the nearby street lamp, and I pause, staring at this white page, wondering what to type?

It’s been a long time since my last entry to my blogs; it took me almost half a year, before I decided it’s time to write again. Inspiration, or simply pure boredom, and a few cans of Dr. Pepper in which convinced me, maybe it’s time to go back. I have been busy everyone, with my social, work and personal life – I haven’t been attending much conventions like I used to nor am I busy with the photo shoots that keep my month booked to the last week. What kept me busy was working on the food business with my chef – whom I am partnering to put up a Gastropub, A Surf Food Shack, and Food Street – away from the creative hands and juices, or the comforts of my camera. I needed the money and this will help me prepare my studio. I have been also working with other photographers, agencies, sending ideas, concepts, and the like, and produce events and mentor new breeds. Yes, I accepted my fate as guru, in which my consulting services, is what I am open to.
Angeli Lilam, The Asylum: Dolls Photoshoot

A lot has changed for me, I recovered from another case of pneumonia, I have become much not much active as I used to be, for the longest time, I no longer cough pools of blood, the very thing that hindered me from being outgoing – I am thankful that I was nursed back to health. On the side note, I got to travel much lately, I fortunate to go to Baler, and learned to surf, I got to see Batangas again, and walked by its pebble filled beach. I am learning to do videos, and hopefully by then when my new equipment arrives, everything will follow.

My erratic brain has stopped functioning, I pause this writing to check my phone, my body still feels tired, dehydrated despite a cold can of soda is nearby, and the room is filled with the noises from the games being played in the iPad from the room across me. I check my phone searching for ideas, plans, or things to say… And there, I started with a few words, a couple of sentences, pure randomness, hoping, a sheer hope that by the end of this entry, it just makes sense.


No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014