Monday, April 13, 2020

Featured Cosplayer: Arcel Cosplays

Monday, April 13, 2020
1) How long have you been cosplaying? I've been cosplaying for about 3 years now.

2) What kind of cosplayer do you consider yourself?  I consider myself as a beginner in cosplaying. Because I have a lot more way to go to improve my cosplays.

3) Cosplay or Crossplay? Both? Hmmm I haven't try crossplaying yet but I think that would be fun so I would answer both.

4) Why do you cosplay?  Because I wanted to feel that I'm that character, besides from that I wanted to enhance my confidence as well.

5) Is cosplay a hobby you could see yourself doing in 10 years?  Yes I can say that its a hobby but also a way of earning money. ( I don't know if someone will still buy cosplays after 10 years ).

6) If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do? I will improve my cosplay if someone hated it.

7) If someone told you they loved your cosplay, what would you do? I would totally appreciate  their heart warming comment.

8) Homemade Cosplay or Bought/Commissioned Cosplay? Mostly my costumes are made by a costume maker and sometimes it was bought online.

9) There is a lot of debate if Western/Asians should cosplay. Your thoughts?  I think they shouldn't debate on it because cosplaying is for everyone.

10) Do you prefer to work alone or with others?  I'd rather work with others cuz I can't make my cosplay all by myself so I need someone to help me make it.

11) Do you have a current cosplay fav? Miku Hatsune is my current cosplay fav.

12) What is your most expensive cosplay project?  Its my Magical Mirai Miku 2019 cosplay ( I don't have pics nor trial pics but that cosplay was expensive since it has a lot to progress.

13) What is your least expensive cosplay project? I haven't currently cosplayed any characters that is expensive.

14) What is your favorite cosplay project? My Miku Hatsune Magical Mirai 2019 ver! since I love that Module of Miku.

15) What is a cosplay pet peeve of yours? My Asuna Yuuki default cosplay.

16) If you could cosplay anywhere in the world, where would it be? Japan since it was my dream to go there.

17)  What was your first convention? My first convention is Cosplay Carnival 2018 I attended day 1.

18) What was your last convention?  My last convention is Cosplay Carnival 2019 ( Day 1 ).

19) What is your next convention?  My next convention would be Cosplay Carnival 2020.

20) What is your favorite part of putting on your cosplay? The costume since I like the details.

21) What is your least favorite part? My least favorite part was putting on the wig since its so difficult.

22) Videos or photography? Both

23) Photoshopped or Unshopped images? Photo shopped.

24) How do you view yourself as a cosplayer? I view myself as a cosplayer whom always doesn't wear contact lense.

25) What is cosplay to you? For me cosplay is to enhance your creativity, socializing towards others and also enhancing your confidence.

26) For costuming, there is also a huge debate about who and what can cosplay. Your thoughts? I think they shouldn't debate on it since it's their decision what character they should cos.

27) Do you have cosplays that are sometimes painful or uncomfortable? Are you willing to bleed for your art? If so, how much? I feel uncomfortable with my Magical Mirai Miku 2019 cos cuz her petticoat is so itchy.

28) Yaoi or Yuri in cosplay? None cuz I don't wanna see it WAHAHAH.

29) How far into the character are you willing to go while in cosplay? At the end of the day, are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"? I think I should just cosplay a simple jap student girl.

30) Wigs or no wigs? Do you prefer to style your wigs, commission a style or buy them prestyled? With wig and I prefer styling it on my own.

31) Contacts or no contacts? No contacts.

32) How do you save money for your cosplay hobby? Unanswered.

33) When do you find yourself cosplaying? Is it something you stick with for conventions and events only? I find myself cosplaying only in conventions.

34) Where do you go most often for photoshoots? Do you do photoshoots? I only do photoshoots on Conventions.

35) What got you into cosplaying? I got involved in cosplaying when I saw some people wearing anime clothes, rather than that I saw some cosplayer posting their cosplay on facebook.

Facebook

Special Credits to Her Dad for taking the hotos

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014