Saturday, April 25, 2020

Featured Cosplayer: ジェイコブ ビンセント サビオ

Saturday, April 25, 2020
1) How long have you been cosplaying? I started April last year, one year already
2) What kind of cosplayer do you consider yourself? I consider myself as a cosplayer that is simple yet creative and resourceful one
3) Cosplay or Crossplay? Both? Both. I've tried crossplay before and would love to do more.
4) Why do you cosplay? To give life to those characters I love and idolize. Then to lessen my stress and anxieties
5) Is cosplay a hobby you could see yourself doing in 10 years? I'm not sure, maybe I'll continue doing it.
6) If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do? Just ignore them, I would put up on my mind that I need to improve more.
7) If someone told you they loved your cosplay, what would you do? I would be flattered and happy ?? as well improve more next time
8) Homemade Cosplay or Bought/Commissioned Cosplay? Bought and commissioned cosplay as of now, but will try to do it on my own.
9) There is a lot of debate if Western/Asians should cosplay. Your thoughts? Anyone can cosplay, we do have our freedom, so let's respect and support each other rather than bashing and ranting one another
10) Do you prefer to work alone or with others? Both, you need solo time as well group with others
11) Do you have a current cosplay fav? Spider-Man
12) What is your most expensive cosplay project? Tanjiro Kamado it is
13) What is your least expensive cosplay project? Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls
14) What is your favorite cosplay project? Spider-Man as well
15) What is a cosplay pet peeve of yours? Those creeps, weirdos and creeps on cons and social media
16) If you could cosplay anywhere in the world, where would it be? It would be on Japan and Philippines
17) What was your first convention? Cosplay Matsuri 2018
18) What was your last convention? Otaku Expo 2020
19) What is your next convention? Cosplay Carnival 2020
20) What is your favorite part of putting on your cosplay? It would be the outfit or the clothing itself
21) What is your least favorite part? Make up, because I have skin allergies
22)  Videos or photography? Both


23)  Photoshopped or Unshopped images? Both
24) How do you view yourself as a cosplayer? I view myself as a cosplayer as simple, friendly and approachable. And would be successful someday
25) What is cosplay to you? Cosplay is giving life to characters you love, expressing what you feel, doing your passion and hobby, lastly a stress reliever
26) For costuming, there is also a huge debate about who and what can cosplay. Your thoughts? We do have our freedom who to cosplay but please don't be sensitive and post rant about those people who criticized and bashes you, you want it to cosplay that character be prepared on criticisms and bashing, it would serve as your motivation and to improve more.
27) Do you have cosplays that are sometimes painful or uncomfortable? Are you willing to bleed for your art? If so, how much? Don't have yet. Nope
28) Yaoi or Yuri in cosplay?  Both
29) How far into the character are you willing to go while in cosplay? At the end of the day, are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"? At the end of the day it is me again. But sometimes I'm daydreaming and imagining that I'm that character
30) Wigs or no wigs? Do you prefer to style your wigs, commission a style or buy them prestyled? Wigs. Yes I do. Commissioned and bought pre-styled
31) Contacts or no contacts? No contacts
32) How do you save money for your cosplay hobby? Left unanswered
33) When do you find yourself cosplaying? Is it something you stick with for conventions and events only? Yes exclusively for conventions and events only, as well anime and cartoon cosplay photo shoots
34) Where do you go most often for photoshoots? Do you do photoshoots? Malls, parks. Yes I started it recently
35) What got you into cosplaying? Inspired and motivated by my idols (Liui Aquino, Jayem Sison, and Alodia Gosiengfiao) and to other cosplayers who I have seen on cons before.

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014