Sunday, May 3, 2020

Featured Cosplayer: Sophia Chara

Sunday, May 3, 2020
1) How long have you been cosplaying? 3 years
2) What kind of cosplayer do you consider yourself? I cosplay classic characters but at the same time,i also like doing O.C's
3) Cosplay or Crossplay? Both? Cosplay but im looking forward to crossdress on the next event.
4) Why do you cosplay? Usually my favourite characters in a series such as Rem,Nezuko etc.
5) Is cosplay a hobby you could see yourself doing in 10 years? Yes of course
6) If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do? It doesn't really matter,i cosplay to bring anime characters to life for people who like them,and for those who don't, they could just stop looking at me
7) If someone told you they loved your cosplay, what would you do? I would say thank you and be glad that the time i spent on my cosplay wasn't wasted
8) Homemade Cosplay or Bought/Commissioned Cosplay? Bought cosplay, but I like adjusting it when it arrives.
9) There is a lot of debate if Western/Asians should cosplay. Your thoughts? I think everyone is allowed to cosplay, because people have different preferences.
10) Do you prefer to work alone or with others? I got myself a Raphtalia cosplay which unfortunately hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to it.
11) Do you have a current cosplay fav? Rem because i had to buy a lot of parts separately
12) What is your most expensive cosplay project? Rem because i had to buy a lot of parts separately
13) What is your least expensive cosplay project? When i crossdressed as luffy/ or most of my O.C's
14) What is your favorite cosplay project? Rem so far
15) What is a cosplay pet peeve of yours? Maybe that i got way used to moving like an anime character lol
16) If you could cosplay anywhere in the world, where would it be? In my own country of course,but i would really love to be in Japan!
17) What was your first convention? Cosplay Matsuri in MOA.
18) What was your last convention? Cosmania in SM Megamall
19) What is your next convention? I'm currently waiting for Coscarnival,which apparently is moved :((
20) What is your favorite part of putting on your cosplay? Contacts,cause it really gives life to the character
21) What is your least favorite part? The wig,it takes time to put on and make sure that its sturdy and won't fall of
22)  Videos or photography? I like both
23) Photoshopped or Unshopped images? My images are not photoshopped but I would like them to be.
24) How do you view yourself as a cosplayer? I cosplay as a hobby cause it really fun, but if given an opportunity, you would take it seriously
25) What is cosplay to you? Finding new friends and family who have the same interests as you,and it makes me happy seeing the smile in the peoples faces when they ask for a picture.
26) For costuming, there is also a huge debate about who and what can cosplay. Your thoughts? I thing all should be based on the cosplayers preference,the opinion of others doesn't really matter
27) Do you have cosplays that are sometimes painful or uncomfortable? Are you willing to bleed for your art? If so, how much? I guess the most uncomfortable that i had before was trying those doll lenses that really hurt the eyes. Also id say about 70%
28) Yaoi or Yuri in cosplay? Yuri!!!
29) How far into the character are you willing to go while in cosplay? At the end of the day, are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"? I get so much into character when i cosplay,i also try to learn some of their lines
30) Wigs or no wigs? Do you prefer to style your wigs, commission a style or buy them prestyled? Depends on the character,if it requires a wig or not. I buy them pre styled but  customize them just a little bit
31) Contacts or no contacts? Contacts
32) How do you save money for your cosplay hobby? I have savings in my bank account
33) When do you find yourself cosplaying? Is it something you stick with for conventions and events only? In conventions and when im bared at the house,i make tiktoks of my cosplay too😅
34) Where do you go most often for photoshoots? Do you do photoshoots? I never tried to have a photoshoot yet,i usually just take my own photos
35) What got you into cosplaying? I've always loved anime literally since i was born lol, and at 1st i though only professionals are allowed to do it,but when i learned that everyone can. I got excited and tried it right away :3

Tiktok | Twitter | Instagram




No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014