Saturday, May 9, 2020

Featured Cosplayer: Mary Nicole

Saturday, May 9, 2020

1) How long have you been cosplaying? I've cosplayed back at 2016 but stopped and now I'm coming back
2) What kind of cosplayer do you consider yourself? I'm the type of anime and video game cosplayer
3) Cosplay or Crossplay? Both? So far I haven't tried crossplay but would like to try.
4) Why do you cosplay? I cosplay because I like dressing up, I like seeing different versions of myself and I like being creative on the process. Wearing something you worked hard for is something very rewarding for me.
5) Is cosplay a hobby you could see yourself doing in 10 years? Yes, I'd even want to influence my future children.
6) If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do? Everyone has something they hate, if that's me or my cosplay it's fine. Not everyone will appreciate what you do and what you like. Life is not for pleasing everyone, its finding your own happiness. So I'll let them hate and I'll just keep on loving myself.
7) If someone told you they loved your cosplay, what would you do? I'd be really happy and I'll try to remember them to keep me motivated. Too many people let me down and I will not waste people who appreciates me.
8) Homemade Cosplay or Bought/Commissioned Cosplay? So far I bought my cosplays, but after this quarantine I'll be making my own cosplays and weapons?? because I believe that is more fun.
9) There is a lot of debate if Western/Asians should cosplay. Your thoughts? I believe anyone can cosplays, no one is unfit for any characters. And everyone can enjoy and appreciate cosplaying.
10) Do you prefer to work alone or with others? I prefer to work alone but some things needs more manpower.
11) Do you have a current cosplay fav? Yes, Violet Evergarden
12) What is your most expensive cosplay project? Probably my True damage Qiyana
13) What is your least expensive cosplay project? Chika Fujiwara
14) What is your favorite cosplay project? True Damage Qiyana
15) What is a cosplay pet peeve of yours? If I'm amazed by a character or if I think that they are too pretty.
16) If you could cosplay anywhere in the world, where would it be? Ofcourse Japan and China cause they can provide costumes and places.
17) What was your first convention? Best of Anime 2016
18) What was your last convention? Cosplay Matsuri 2019
19) What is your next convention? Anything that will be up after quarantine.
20) What is your favorite part of putting on your cosplay? I love putting wigs on especially when it matches with my make up.
21) What is your least favorite part?  Cleaning up, Every things gonna be messy.
22)  Videos or photography? Photography
23) Photoshopped or Unshopped images? Not
24) How do you view yourself as a cosplayer? I am a cosplayer that exerts my utmost effort into the characters I'll be cosplaying as, and cosplay is my passion.
25) What is cosplay to you? Cosplay is being a different character with a little touch of yourself that makes our cosplays unique.   Being creative and enjoying every part of it is important.
26) For costuming, there is also a huge debate about who and what can cosplay. Your thoughts? I think we shouldn't have qualifications on what or who to cosplay. The only qualification we need is if the person cosplaying a character really likes to cosplay the certain character regardless of size, weight and color he/she should go for it.
27) Do you have cosplays that are sometimes painful or uncomfortable? Are you willing to bleed for your art? If so, how much? Yeah one time when my shoes isn't the right fit i always struggle. I'm willing to do it anyway because it's pretty so I wore it until I went out of the con. I wore it the whole day and had splinters ??
28) Yaoi or Yuri in cosplay? Yaoi, definitely
29) How far into the character are you willing to go while in cosplay? At the end of the day, are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"?  I'm me when I'm cosplaying but except the time when i need to photoshoot, when a character fan will come to me and if I'm gonna be on stage.
30) Wigs or no wigs? Do you prefer to style your wigs, commission a style or buy them prestyled? Wigs that I style
31) Contacts or no contacts? With contacts
32) How do you save money for your cosplay hobby? I'm still a student so I save money from my monthly allowance.
33) When do you find yourself cosplaying? Is it something you stick with for conventions and events only? No, if I could not go to cons and stayed at home cosplaying that be so fine but i love interacting and the feeling of that I belong that's why i still go to cons.
34) Where do you go most often for photoshoots? Do you do photoshoots? I only have photshoots on photographers during cons and i like taking selfies as well.
35) What got you into cosplaying? Of course my love of animes. I've always wanted to be an animator someday and I want to create awesome characters while also having the possibility of being like them. One time my friend invited me to join her cosplay group, I'm broke that time but I still agreed, glad I did. I've always loved the cosplay community despite of various issues surrounding the community ever since. I would always be grateful to the people who persuaded me into cosplaying to do it again. Shout out to Zoe and Rai.



No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014