Monday, August 25, 2014

roads to anxiety: in prep for the memoirs shoot

Monday, August 25, 2014

It' August 25, 2:26PM, I know I should be sleeping by now, in preparation for my normal job, I can't help but think and be anxious for this coming weekend's photo shoot. The concept is quite simple, do a geisha shoot and get over with, but I left with so much anxieties, that anything could happen, a normal butterflies in my stomach kind of feeling... I guess.

This will be the first time I would peg a cosplayer against a tenured model, my very first Fashion Face-Off Challenge, in which putting different people in the industry to one shoot. It's a concept, that the model would surely win but given with the people whom I paired, it's like guessing who would win Top Model with the final best photo.
Memoirs, The Asylum 

I have paired of with someone who has been in the modelling industry since a kid, literally, doing SM Kids, and accomplished so much more since then, she became consultant and trainer to future models, and continuing to get go-sees and contracts left and right. She has done a lot for her age, and she is also a sub-talent for a local channel here. I have pitted her against a cosplayer, respected, revered "Trap", or crossdresser.  She is in rank and known as much as the famous Alodia, she has been interviewed, posed, for several local Otaku magazines, she is also a fan favorite, due to the poll I posted recently, she is also created so much haters, because the number of insecure people envious of her almost flawless beauty. She is also tenured for her age, continuing to prove herself.

I admit this is unique, but each of them have flaws, one has to be taught how to pose before the shoot, the other, the photographer being me, may not keep up, both of whom I spoke, are both intimidated of each other, on how they are nervous for this event, and their nervousness and anxiety carries over me.

I have pretty much prepared for this shoot, gathering budget, looking for kimonos, make-up and gathering experts for this, looking for the right location, and knowing what I want for the my post-editing.

But nonetheless, let's just break a heel.

If you're peeps wondering, why the issue is early, I may be pegging my blog to come out bimonthly, 2 entries in one month, to keep off the lag. Anyhow, that's all for now. 

No comments:

The Asylum Photography © 2014